Thank you for your interest in moovel! To apply, please send your resume with any additional information you would like us to know in the body of the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Technical Communications Manager
at moovel North America
Location: Portland, OR or Remote
moovel North America is an urban mobility company helping make cities smarter. Every day we help improve the lives of local communities through accessible and delightful user experiences within our city-branded mobility applications. By partnering with cities, public transit agencies, and end users worldwide, we’re helping transform cities by providing convenient and sustainable solutions powered by our Mobility platform.
We’re looking for a Technical Communications Manager to help shape the future of mobility together. We’re looking for exceptional people who share a passion for developing creative solutions that advance our mission and vision. We expect that you’ll work hard, collaborate often, respect others, and have a good attitude even during the busiest of days.
The Technical Communications Manager position will produce high-quality documentation that contributes to the overall success of our products. You will work collaboratively with Sales and Engineering to convey the breadth and depth of our product offering to be used in responses to Request for Proposals (RFPs) as well as to inform our communications and media strategy to position our products in the market. This role will work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements, produce high-quality requirements that meet applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience.
The successful candidate will demonstrate ownership leading multiple projects from discovery through execution and delivery and work closely with senior leaders on technical requirements and maintain systems and tools to promote overall efficiency and effectiveness.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Responsible for the successful development and execution of winning responses to Requests for Proposals (RFPs) in the transportation sector
- Ensure responses meet editorial and customer/proposal specifications and adhere to standards for content, quality, graphics, format and style
- Create requirements database and maximize navigation and discoverability
- Track deadlines to ensure deliverables are met and completed on time
- Collaborate with internal teams, including Business Development, Engineering and Customer Success, to coordinate deliverables and priorities
- Assist in developing a strategy for long-form thought leadership, i.e. white-papers, industry communications, user guides, Quick-Start guides, etc
- Assist in maintaining our sales collateral, marketing materials and social presence
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- 5+ years of relevant technical writing experience working on major product releases and software requirements
- Expert level proposal writer with business development and competitive proposal experience
- Experience responding to public sector procurements, ideally in the transportation sector
- In depth understanding of technology environments and platforms, as well as software development processes
- Experience with requirements management, with preference given to governmental experience
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation with exceptional attention to detail
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills; you are a clear and concise thinker
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and images
- Strong organizational and time management skills and a proven ability to effectively manage competing priorities
- Bachelor degree in related field of study preferred or equivalent experience
Prefered Qualifications and Skills:
- Understanding of the Shipley proposal process
- Ability to use and manage in a Salesforce CRM environment
- Understanding of the Evolve Way of Working (WoW) process
- Graduate degree/MBA
Special Information (Travel required, physical requirements, etc.):
- Additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals and projects
Who We Are:
moovel North America
Headquartered in Portland, OR, moovel offers competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and disability benefits at no cost to employees. We also offer a generous holiday schedule and four weeks of PTO annually. Our compensation program includes a 3% retirement contribution, and competitive base salaries.
moovel provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, moovel complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
At moovel, we believe individuality drives innovation and delivers organizational strength. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture. We strive to embrace a multicultural approach and are committed to challenging existing biases to create a more equitable and unified workplace.
Strategic Mapping Inc.
Strategic Mapping is a privately owned company and a complete end–to–end provider of Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS). Strategic Mapping offers hardware design, software application and system integration services to many of North America’s leading transit agencies.
Strategic Mapping was founded in 2006, with locations in both the United States and Canada. With 14 years of expertise in the transit space, they are dedicated to providing innovative, scalable, user friendly and cost effective technologies for agencies of all sizes. Their advanced Smart Bus applications are designed to streamline day-to-day operations by providing transit agencies with tools to better manage their fleet while simultaneously enhancing trip planning, accessibility and the passenger experience.