Thank you for your interest in moovel! To apply, please send your resume with any additional information you would like us to know in the body of the email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are interested in applying for the remote role please identify that in the subject line of the email.
Support Technician (Tier 1)
moovel North America is an urban mobility company helping make cities smarter. Every day we help improve the lives of local communities through accessible and delightful user experiences within our city-branded mobility applications. By partnering with cities, public transit agencies, and end users worldwide, we’re helping transform cities by providing convenient and sustainable solutions powered by our Mobility platform.
We’re looking for a Support Technician (Tier 1) to help shape the future of mobility together. We’re looking for exceptional people who share a passion for developing creative solutions that advance our mission and vision. We expect that you’ll work hard, collaborate often, respect others, and have a good attitude even during the busiest of days.
The Support Technician (Tier 1) position involves providing excellent support for our users, and partners. This role will report to the Technical Support Supervisor and will be focused on assisting and responding to our East Coast users from 7AM – 4PM EST.
The successful candidate will be motivated, a self starter, organized, and most importantly always willing to go that extra mile to provide excellent support with great communication.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Answering support requests from transit agencies, their riders and on-demand mobility providers
- Communicating with agencies via helpdesk software to track, triage and resolve support escalations
- Creation of training materials and editing pre-existing training guides
- Working closely with engineering teams around the resolution of escalated cases
- Tracking on-going support issues and communicating their status and impact to the account management and engineering teams
- Assisting agencies with fare creation and testing
- Assisting internal users with desktop support and low level IT administration
- Other duties as required by the company
Qualifications and Skills:
- 2+ years of experience in a support or IT helpdesk role
- Familiarity with Android and iOS Operating Systems
- Problem solving and troubleshooting experience with technical applications
- Great communication and support skills
- Familiarity with Technical Writing and training document creation
Who We Are:
moovel North America
Headquartered in Portland, OR, moovel NA offers competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and disability benefits at no cost to employees. We also offer a generous holiday schedule with four weeks of PTO annually. Our compensation program includes a 3% retirement contribution, and competitive base salaries. In addition to the more traditional benefits, we offer a cell phone allowance, a welcoming environment for dogs of all sizes and many other perks. You will also have the opportunity to work with a diverse team in our Portland office as well as with our parent company, Strategic Mapping, Inc., based in Toronto, Canada.
moovel provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, moovel complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Strategic Mapping Inc.
Strategic Mapping is a privately owned company and a complete end–to–end provider of Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS). Strategic Mapping offers hardware design, software application and system integration services to many of North America’s leading transit agencies.
Strategic Mapping was founded in 2006, with locations in both the United States and Canada. With 14 years of expertise in the transit space, they are dedicated to providing innovative, scalable, user friendly and cost effective technologies for agencies of all sizes. Their advanced Smart Bus applications are designed to streamline day-to-day operations by providing transit agencies with tools to better manage their fleet while simultaneously enhancing trip planning, accessibility and the passenger experience.