Thank you for your interest in moovel! To apply, please send your resume with any additional information you would like us to know in the body of the email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are interested in applying for the remote role please identify that in the subject line of the email.
iOS Engineer (Remote, Eastern Timezone)
moovel North America is an urban mobility company helping make cities smarter. Every day we help improve the lives of local communities through accessible and delightful user experiences within our city-branded mobility applications. By partnering with cities, public transit agencies, and end users worldwide, we’re helping transform cities by providing convenient and sustainable solutions powered by our Mobility platform.
We’re looking for an iOS Engineer to help shape the future of mobility together. We have many perks of tech with an open and flexible work environment, fun extracurricular activities and a unique culture that puts people first. What we’re looking for is exceptional people who share a passion for developing creative solutions that advance our mission and vision. As moovel’s next iOS Engineer you’ll be responsible for delivering world-class mobile applications to transit agencies and users throughout the world. The ideal candidate believes development is a team activity and enjoys it being that way. They thrive in a fast-paced environment and are willing to fill any role to help their team be successful.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Working collaboratively in an agile cross-functional team
- Contributing to the design and development of new products and services
- Supporting existing products and services that people are using everyday
- Applying development best practices to your work
- Crafting clean code supported by automated tests
- Leaving the code base in a better state than you found it
- Reviewing user interface designs and providing feedback
- Collaborating with other teams to ensure consistency and promote reuse
- Working with stakeholders to define and understand requirements
- Estimating level of effort and story points to support planning
- Collaborating on architecture and technical solution design
- Utilizing your technical expertise to help solve problems and propose solutions
- Other duties as required by the company
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- 4+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of iOS development experience
- Expertise in Swift, Objective C and the Xcode tools
- Experience working with RESTful web services and JSON
- Complete understanding of the mobile development life cycle
- Thorough knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Experience with iOS build systems, code signing and distribution
- Familiarity with CocoaPods
- Experience with the XCTest framework
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with Fastlane
- Positive attitude
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a team environment
- Ability to work independently and propose solutions via pull requests and proofs of concept
- Willingness to dive deep into the existing code base and the curiosity to learn through experimentation
- Ability to be productive with a multiple languages, frameworks and paradigms
- Willingness and capacity to learn new frameworks and languages quickly
Who We Are:
moovel North America
Headquartered in Portland, OR, moovel NA offers competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and disability benefits at no cost to employees. We also offer a generous holiday schedule with four weeks of PTO annually. Our compensation program includes a 3% retirement contribution, and competitive base salaries.In addition to the more traditional benefits, we offer a cell phone allowance, a welcoming environment for dogs of all sizes and many other perks. You will also have the opportunity to work with a diverse team in our Portland office as well as with our parent company, Strategic Mapping, Inc., based in Toronto, Canada.
Our office is centrally located in the heart of Old Town, bike friendly, and within walking distance to a multitude of restaurants, bars, and shops. The Portland Streetcar and TriMet offer easy-to-use transit services connecting the downtown Portland district to the Pearl District and greater Downtown Portland.
moovel provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, moovel complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Strategic Mapping Inc.
Strategic Mapping is a privately owned company and a complete end–to–end provider of Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS). Strategic Mapping offers hardware design, software application and system integration services to many of North America’s leading transit agencies.
Strategic Mapping was founded in 2006, with locations in both the United States and Canada. With 14 years of expertise in the transit space, they are dedicated to providing innovative, scalable, user friendly and cost effective technologies for agencies of all sizes. Their advanced Smart Bus applications are designed to streamline day-to-day operations by providing transit agencies with tools to better manage their fleet while simultaneously enhancing trip planning, accessibility and the passenger experience.